Nidec Corp. has announced that the company has completed the acquisition of 100 percent equity shares of Secop Holding GmbH, Secop s.r.o., Secop Compressors (Tianjin) Co. Ltd. and Secop Inc. (collectively Secop), and shareholder loans from Secop Beteillingungs GmbH, a portfolio management company owned by Aurelius Equity Opportunities SE & Co KGaA on July 31.
As a result of the transaction, Secop and their subsidiaries became Nidec’s subsidiaries. The details of the main acquired companies are as follows:
- Flensburg, Germany – Secop Holding GmbH – Nidec Global Appliance Compressors GmbH
- Flensburg, Germany – Secop GmbH – Nidec Global Appliance Germany GmbH
- Zlatè Moravce, Slovakia – Secop s.r.o. – Nidec Global Appliance Slovakia s.r.o.
- Tianjin, China – Secop Compressors (Tianjin) Co. Ltd. – Nidec Global Appliance Tianjin Co. Ltd.
- Roswell, Georgia, USA – Secop Inc. – Nidec Global Appliance USA Inc.
- Fuerstenfeld, Austria – Secop Austria GmbH – Nidec Global Appliance Austria GmbH
The new directors of the companies are:
Nidec says it has been actively developing a new growth platform with particular focus on appliance, industrial and commercial business. As part of this strategy, the company is pursuing strategic acquisitions in the appliance industry. For this purpose, Nidec has created a new division named Nidec Global Appliance Division, which consists of Nidec Sole Motor Corp. S.R.L. (formerly, the household motor business of Appliances Components Companies S.p.A. acquired in January 2010), the appliance business of Nidec Motor Corp. (formerly, the motor and control business of Emerson Electric Co. acquired in September 2010) and Nidec Motor Corp. Romania (formerly, ANA IMEP S.A. acquired in May 2016). Nidec Global Appliance Division has three factories in Europe, one in China and one in Mexico, mainly focusing on the manufacturing and sales of motors for wet appliances such as washing machines, dryers and dishwashers.
Secop’s strength lies in compressors for household and commercial refrigerators. Through the transaction, the company has added compressors to its product portfolio, which allows the company to expand further into the global refrigeration market, according to the company.