Global Business Professor’s latest audio interview, “IP Challenges for Automotive Suppliers in China,” features Dan Harris, an international lawyer who helps Western companies navigate Asia’s laws. Harris is a founder of Harris Bricken, an international law firm with offices in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco Beijing and Barcelona.
In the 16-minute audio interview, Harris discusses and answers these questions:
- What are the big issues you are seeing with China and the automotive world?
- What sorts of companies want these technologies and from whom?
- What sorts of deals do the Chinese companies usually propose and what should the foreign companies respond?
- Are the IP registrations in place and a signed NNN Agreement enough to make it safe to turn over the IP?
- What sorts of deals do you prefer? Do Chinese companies go for these licensing deals?
- How do you ensure your client will get paid?
- What are some of the difficulties in getting money from Chinese companies?
Harris is the founder and managing partner of Harris Bricken LLP, an international law firm with lawyers in the United States, China and Spain. Harris’s practice focuses mostly on helping Western companies navigate China. He is the co-editor of the award-winning China Law Blog (chinalawblog.com).
The audio interview is available here.