The fourth edition of the Chengdu International Trade Fair for Automotive Parts and Aftermarket Services (CAPAS) will be held from May 25-27 at the Chengdu Century City New International Exhibition & Convention Center. CAPAS is one of the 10 branded shows listed in “The Reform and Development of Exhibition Industry in Sichuan” program, and is jointly organized by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Automotive Sub-Council (CCPIT-Auto); Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.; and China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Sichuan Council (CCPIT-Sichuan). The show organizers say the event remains steadfast in cultivating the fast-growing automobile market in Southwest China and has become the region’s leading one-stop platform for commerce, exchange of ideas and investment.
According to the organizers, CAPAS is not only a platform to drive the automobile industry and economic development forward in Sichuan and Southwest China, but also is a platform promoting the betterment of the economic, cultural and ecological development of Chengdu. The objective is to accelerate the transformation of Chengdu as the heart of Southwest China, turning it into a cosmopolitan city as pictured through the “One Belt, One Road” initiative.
As a result, CCPIT-Auto, Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. and CCPIT-Sichuan organized the “CAPAS Arbour Day” event, which took place on March 10 in Meishan, Sichuan. The goal of the event was to promote a better engagement in the social economy and ecological civilization in Sichuan province.
The event gained support from government agencies in Sichuan Province. Government officials, representatives from automobile associations and enterprises, as well as leading national media, were invited to attend the tree planting activity.
Fiona Chiew, deputy general manager of Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., explained, “China considers Chengdu a key junction of the ‘One Belt, One Road’ initiative and positions the capital of Sichuan as the key developing city. Chengdu, an economic, educational, cultural and financial center, together with the whole Sichuan Province and the Southwest regions, all play an instrumental role in the Belt and Road Initiative. As a global trade fair organizer with centuries of history, Messe Frankfurt is elated to witness and be involved in China’s new phase of rapid development. Apart from organizing the trade show in Chengdu, Messe Frankfurt has expanded businesses to countries along the Belt and Road regions such as Russia and those in Central Asia. Under these favorable conditions, Chinese companies can more smoothly tap into the international market, according to the organization. In addition, the world can better understand the enterprises, development and culture of China.”
Centered on the supply chain and the demand of end users, CAPAS 2017 is organizing six brand-new specialized zones to exploit the ever-growing market potential.
- “Supply Chain Procurement Zone” provides high-quality business matchmaking services to exhibitors and buyer delegations. Automobile Lifestyle Zone presents a full array of products in auto beauty, smart car digital devices, interior décor and auto customization.
- “Quick Fix & Replacement Parts Zone” gathers quick fix service providers and replacement parts, including branded quick repair chain stores, equipment, tools, replacement parts (such as oil, fuel and air filters, wiper blades, brake pads, ignition plugs and storage batteries) and tyres, to a single floor.
- Doubling the size from the last edition, “Commercial Vehicle Zone” features more well-known commercial vehicles manufacturers and engine companies.
- With the generous assistance from local governments, “Made in Sichuan Zone” welcomes delegations from production bases in Chengdu, Guang’an, Ziyang and Neijiang.
- “E-mobility & Infrastructure Zone” is created in response to the market trend. The zone features major new energy automobile brands and components manufacturers in Sichuan showcasing the latest innovations and car models. The government initiative “Sichuan Development Planning of New Energy Automobile Industry” has indicated the utilization of the application and production segments, targeting an annual output value of over RMB 100 billion ($14.5 billion USD) by 2020. The Sichuan provincial government has recognized new energy vehicles as one of the five high-end emerging industries. The surge of new energy vehicles and its benefits to environmental protection have prompted CAPAS to take economic and environmental sustainability into account when formulating development plans.
This year’s fringe program also has been expanded and enriched with industry hot topics. The China Auto Venture Capital Summit & China (Chengdu) New Energy Vehicle Industry Investment Conference, China Automotive Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition, the Annual Auto Accessories & Equipment Purchasing Meeting, product displays, project discussions, themed events and seminars will be running alongside the six zones with an aim to further enrich the audience experience.
For more information, visit capas-chengdu.com.