Global Business Professor’s latest audio interview, “The Global Auto Industry’s Big Bet for 2018 and Beyond? … Big Data,” features Varun Chhabra, senior director, product marketing, Dell EMC and big data expert.
In the 19-minute audio interview, Chhabra discusses these questions:
- How do you see data evolving in the automotive industry, both from a manufacturer’s perspective as well as that of a consumer/driver?
- Does that data differ in different regions/countries at all?
- Is there a particular region or country that is leading the industry around automotive innovation? Germany, for example, has long been a leading automotive center – will they have a competitive advantage?
- The talk of driverless cars has been around for years, but what’s going to be realistic in the short- and long-term?
- Do you see a particular region/country being the first to deploy this – why or why not?
- What technologies are going to most influence the next year, or next five to 10 years, in the automotive sector?
- Can you talk a little bit about the role analytics is playing with regard to all of this data being generated and stored in intelligent cars and autonomous vehicles?
- Are there considerations we should look at internationally, with regard to local/state/federal laws and policies?
Varun is a product marketing professional with more than 15 years of experience in the technology space. He specializes in the areas of IT infrastructure, cloud technology, storage platforms and big data. He has been with Dell EMC since 2015, and leads product marketing for the company’s Unstructured Storage portfolio, which includes Isilon, Dell EMC’s scale-out NAS offering and Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), Dell EMC’s cloud storage platform.